Monday 18 October 2010

Dream Day Flowers - Weddings and Events

Your Wedding & Events Consultant is pleased to announce our second guest blog - Lisa Scott of Dream Day Flowers:

 Please introduce yourself

My name is Lisa Scott, I have been married for 18 years and I have one beautiful twelve year old daughter. I was born in Plymouth but since being married have lived in Weymouth, Gosport and the Helensburgh area. I have recently returned to Scotland from 2 years in the USA linked to my husband’s military tour of duty and have permanently settled in Cardross.



What made you start Dream Day Flowers?

On return from America I decided it was time to set up my own business focusing on weddings, civil ceremonies and events, ensuring my clients get the ‘individual touch’. The knowledge that I have gained over several years in the floral business ensures they have a day to remember and one they have always dreamed of. To make their special day as ‘stress free’ as possible I always discuss flowers, colours, styles and themes.



 
 What is your experience in your area of the industry?

I have been a florist for 10 years but began my career as a dental nurse. When I left Plymouth I was fortunate enough to be offered a position working for a florist and soon realised that this was the profession I had been seeking, fulfilling my ability to create wonderful designs using my flair and creative talent to combine colours and shapes. This was enhanced by working for Karin’s florist in the USA, one of the top florists in America, where I covered events and I was fortunate enough to be part of an award winning team.

 Have you seen any big changes in the wedding industry over the past 5-10 years.......same styles coming back? New and fun styles emerging?

I think the modern bride is looking for flair and elegance in the floral design of her wedding but at this moment in time is having to be budget aware. I am happy to move things from the church to the reception venue, if and where possible.

Fun things are being included in weddings, I have for a Halloween wedding included carved pumpkins. Feathers and Crystals are always very popular.

The Hand-tie is still the most popular bouquet for the bride, but I have been asked for Shower Bouquets again.

 Are you exhibiting at any wedding fairs in the next 6 months?

I will be at the Dumbuck Hotel on Sunday 27th February. I hope to see many of you there?

No comments:

Post a Comment